Saturday, April 18, 2009

I just realized that once again I haven't updated you guys in a week. Apparently Saturday night is now my normal posting night. (Really, I want to post more often, but I have been busy lately.)

Anywho, I spent the better part of today at the new building adding some personal touches to the booth. Things I did today include (but are not limited to):

- I added black poster board (via velcro strips) to the back of our mini-racks so that people looking into the booth don't see a bunch of blinking lights and wires.
- I added a cable run for the camera, so now the cables go up the wall hidden from sight.
- I mounted the ethernet switch below the counter and plugged it in. I can now talk to one projector via ethernet (the other one has a wire crossed in the patch bay).
- I added an extension cord to the audio rack so it now powers on and off with everything else.
- I added a lock to the TV in the lobby so that it doesn't walk off. (Take THAT you bad-minded people!)
- I soldered a cable so that the band's click track now goes directly from the patch bay to the Aviom (in-ear) system instead of running through the sound board.
- I re-labeled the wireless transmitters (a month ago I "temporarily" labeled them with white electrical tape).
- I finished the ProPresenter file, and made sure the text could be read on the light background (I had to add an outline to the text).

In addition to that, tomorrow will see the debut of our new "CD Seller". It sits out in the lobby so that people can pick up CDs as they pass by. For your knowledge: CDs are a suggested donation of $3, DVDs are a suggested donation of $5. CDs from the last month's 11:15 service will be available via the CD Seller in the lobby. All other services are available on CD or DVD via a special request.

And on that note, I have to go design the display that will be in the CD Seller, so I have to go. See you tomorrow!

Matthew

0 comments:


 

Copyright 2006| Blogger Templates by GeckoandFly modified and converted to Blogger Beta by Blogcrowds.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.