Thursday, September 4, 2008

(I should note I wrote this over the weekend, so this information is about 5 days old.)

OK, so I teased you guys in my last post, so here is the REAL update about what is going on in the AUMC A/V world:

A few weeks ago the sound system's installation started. Granted, in the last two weeks only the speakers and some lights have been hung, but work has started! Sadly, I have a "real" job now, so my involvement in the project has become minimal (to my dismay). Oh well, life will go on.

A few pictures before we go on. The current sanctuary (from roughly the perspective of the sound booth):



The speakers (this is the right side array):



The lights (from the perspective of the pulpit):



And the sound booth (from the perspective of the door... not that the door can see things...):



Moving on...

We have been having meetings galore, which is great (I am new to meetings, so I still enjoy them). We had a meeting with the worship team about when we will be moving into the new building, and how that transition will work. We had a meeting about planning the worship services... but I had to miss that meeting (*sob*). I will be having a few more meetings in the next week to solidify some things. These meetings are not only are a wealth of information, they show me that things are starting to get interesting. I can say that our furthest projected move-in date is mid December. We hope to be in sooner than that, but that is our "we won't push past this unless something major comes up" date.

In about three weeks I will start forming the new tech team. I am throwing around ideas in my head, but I am thinking about having an open meeting for anyone who is interested. It would be at the new building after a Sunday service, and pizza should get lots of people there. I hope that we will have a nice sized group of people that are willing to become a part of our new tech team.

Over all, the ball has started rolling. Things are getting interesting, and in just a few months we should be in our new building.

Matthew

0 comments:


 

Copyright 2006| Blogger Templates by GeckoandFly modified and converted to Blogger Beta by Blogcrowds.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.