Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Hey all,

Sorry about not updating the blog more. I keep trying to normalize my life, and I am getting varying results... but that is a post for my other blog.

We got the new audio distribution amp installed. This will help greatly in... well, distributing our audio. See, we were having problems with our many audio needs in the booth, we have: CD recorder, hearing assistance device, camera, iMac, PC, and TV, all that need audio from the board. We were having problems getting the right audio to all of the components, so now with the new amp those problems are solved. Now, instead of having four mixes going to different components (and not really doing a good job at that), we now have one mix that goes to the TV (so that we can play a CD on the TV and not any where else) and one mix for everything else.

So as it stands, we only need a few more wires and the booth will be as complete as I can get it right now. The only other pice of equipment I would like would be a wall mount for our camera, but that will have to wait for now. I am getting excited to say "Done!" on the sound booth. I am thinking about having a pizza party or something, a guy's night out or something... I will keep you posted.

On a different note, I have a note for the sound booth volunteers, of which I already out e-mails, but an additional reminder: Please e-mail me your schedule until the end of the year. (That sentence was much harder than it should have been!) I am trying to create a schedule for Sundays for the next few months, and I need to know when everyone needs off.

Also, for anyone who would like to contact me, feel free to e-mail me at Matthew(at)ArgyleUMC.org. Other forms of communication:
My Personal Blog
Follow me on Facebook
Follow me on Twitter
Or, check out my bio page at the Argyle UMC website.

Matthew

2 comments:

CruisinDavid said...

Matthew -

Great job in the AV booth and your other "responsibilities" at AUMC. As Director of Media Ministries, are you also in charge of the AUMC website? If so, I was looking for a link there to the AV Blog. Is there one?

Nice to read about the new amp/sound distributor and the new HD back up.

Great job you're doing.

On your personal blog, I saw the posting of the google aerial view of your family farm. What kind of trees are in the Orchard?

-- David

Katanna said...

Hey David:

No, I am not in charge of the AUMC website, it is maintained by the ladies in the office. The only link from there to here that I know of is under "Ministry Team" on the left, in my bio.

My grandmother's orchard is a pecan orchard. I have great memories going out there to pick up pecans and eating loads of them. Sadly, it has not been maintained for a while, and half of the trees have been cut down to make way for a new field (they are on a farm, remember).

Matthew


 

Copyright 2006| Blogger Templates by GeckoandFly modified and converted to Blogger Beta by Blogcrowds.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.