Tuesday, February 17, 2009

So this Sunday I came in to run the morning services like normal. I turned on the lights in the sound booth, I turned on the computer, I turned on the sound board... I turned on the sound board... I turned on the sound board...

Ya, the sound board is dead as a nail. So with 20 minutes before the service I wrastle up an extra sound board, unplug everything from the old board, plug everything into the new board, and just as the service starts I start up PowerPoint and we are off.

The services came off OK, with only a few minor glitches, but seeing as our sound board was dead, I can take a few small hiccups.

Today Carter went out and bought a new fuse, thinking replacing the burnt out fuse would fix the sound board. Sadly the problem still exists, the new fuse didn't take long to burn up (only a second or two).

So now we are trying to figure out what to do. We only have a handful of weeks before we move into the new building, so we don't want to spend a lot of money, but we also don't want to have to share an audio board with the night service, as that would mean every week the morning services AND the night services would have to zero out the board and start from scratch. Doable, but not fun.

We have a few options that we are thinking about, so I am not worried. The other question is: what do we do with a large sound board that is dead?

Matthew

*Matthew wonders off to muse about something else for the moment.*

0 comments:


 

Copyright 2006| Blogger Templates by GeckoandFly modified and converted to Blogger Beta by Blogcrowds.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.